Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Maintenance Mechanic 2 to support the Facilities Services Department. Hours for this position will be approximately 17 hours a week (maximum of 1050 hours a year) Monday – Friday, between the hours of 6 a.m.-5 p.m.. Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Independently perform semi-skilled work in carpentry, plumbing, welding and metal fabrication, steam fitting, electrical, HVAC, mechanical and machinist work in all areas of the commercial building industry.
• Under the technical direction of a journey-level trades worker, this position will assist the trades person to perform skilled work in carpentry, plumbing, steam fitting, electrical, mechanical and machinist work. Experience in all trades not necessary to apply.
• Operate hand tools, power tools and other shop equipment as needed.
• Perform minor repairs on building fixtures, plumbing, and heating.
• Operate automotive equipment to transport materials and supplies.
• Assist in the fabrication of equipment and materials constructed in trade shops in accordance with project requirements.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Experience: experience working in a commercial/education environment is preferred but not required; experience in various trades such as: HVAC, paint, drywall, carpentry and plumbing (experience in all trades is not necessary to apply)
• Must exhibit good attendance.
• Physical ability to do work.
• Good customer service skills.
• Possession of a valid driver's license.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Fixed negotiable schedule between the hours of 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Occasional hours offered (not required) outside of regular shift to avoid interruption to instruction.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to perform moderately heavy cleaning tasks and physical work requiring reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing 12-foot ladders, and lifting 50 pounds from floor to 36 inches.
• Willingness to work various shifts.
• Willingness to be on-call and work scheduled 8-hour shifts.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. Salary: $22.25/hour REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105. Application Deadline: Open until filled. DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901. SECURITY
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office. Clark College Human ResourcesSeptember 13, 201818-00064
Location/Region: Vancouver, WA (US - 98663)