Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate is seeking a Full-Time Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Under the direction of the BH Clinical Pharmacy Manager, the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Pain Management and Addiction Medicine will work to advance the care of patients with acute pain in the inpatient setting and will work as a medication specialist with a team of addiction professionals. Key efforts for the incumbent pharmacist include:
- Creation of a Pain Stewardship Service. This team will have global oversight of pain management for the health system; identify opportunities to improve pain management, standardize metrics to target, and assist in managing resources to achieve those goals.
- Addiction Treatment Coordination. Baystate has a nascent group of physicians and nurses dedicated to improvement and coordination of care for opioid addicted patients. The pharmacist will play a key role as a member of this team and will collaboratively develop pharmacotherapy protocols for Medication Addiction Treatment (MAT) to manage withdrawal in the hospital.
- Joint Commission Standards Compliance. This pharmacist will lead the effort (through Pain Stewardship and other committees) to ensure full compliance with JC Standards related to pain management.
This Pharmacist will also perform a variety of duties including; age appropriate clinical pharmacy services, evaluation of medication orders for appropriateness, monitoring and patient follow up; drug information consultations, and support of the pharmacy department operations. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will maintain competency, training, and ongoing education of pharmaceutical knowledge, integrated technology, and practice model changes. It is the expectation of the pharmacist to complete and document the appropriate tasks required to maintain patient specific record keeping in an electronic database. Such documentation may include Clinical Interventions, Safety Reporting Events, etc.
What You Need To Know:
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Pain Management to build and support an opioid stewardship program. Also to work with addiction medicine
To qualify for an interview, the candidate must meet one of the following bulleted criteria:
- One-year of post graduate training in a Pharmacy Residency program OR three years of progressive pharmacy experience
- PLUS either PGY-2 or Fellowship training or additional equivalent experience (total of 6 years). All PGY-2 trained individuals in specialties will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must demonstrate successful project management and leadership.
Registered Pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts or eligible; Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate in Pharmacy; Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills; Ability to critically evaluate patient therapy and drug literature; Ability to establish collaborative relations with medical staff and other health care professionals; Teaching experience preferred; Board Certification with the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties required.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA (US)