Miller Johnson, one of West Michigan’s largest full service law firms, is seeking an experienced full-time Docket Manager for our downtown Grand Rapids office in Arena Place. The Docket Manager is responsible for creation, oversight, enforcement and maintenance of firm-wide docket policies, procedures, and workflows in accordance with rule-based litigation deadlines.
- Planning, establishing, reviewing, and updating docket-related policies and procedures firm-wide to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local docketing and e-filing laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance and research on procedural and administrative questions, rule changes and judges information.
- Work closely with the firm’s Information Technology Department and software vendor to analyze configuration and utilization of docketing tools and recommend enhancements as needed.
- Identify gaps in current docket practices, and develop and implement strategies and process improvement for docketing and e-filing software and related procedures.
- Supervise the workflow and performance of docketing staff, including providing feedback, addressing issues or concerns, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Oversee and assist with entering all incoming court deadlines into docket software, confirming deadlines are accurately calculated.
- Consult with and serve as a resource to firm attorneys and staff as it relates to docketing.
- Timely and accurately generate docket reports and queries as requested by attorneys and other staff.
Bachelor's or advanced degree in a related legal field or business administration preferred
5+ years Michigan paralegal experience preferred
3+ years database systems experience preferred
Extensive working knowledge of rules and procedures for courts in all locations
Advanced litigation docketing and calendaring knowledge and experience
Knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and Michigan Court Rules (MCR) and familiarity with various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases including PACER, etc.
Experience supervising, developing and training staff
Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Exceptional client service skills, discretion, and judgment to ensure client confidentiality
Collaborative, organized, flexible in a fast-paced environment
At Miller Johnson, we believe in fostering an exceptional work experience which includes a healthy work-life balance, a diverse and inclusive culture that values uniquely talented team members, and a technologically advanced environment. We offer competitive wages with annual increases, flexible scheduling, paid time off, and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, long-term care insurance, paid parental leave, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE
To apply, please click HERE
To learn more about our law firm, visit our website at www.millerjohnson.com
Location/Region: Grand Rapids, MI