Successful Experienced Family Law Firm Legal Assistant, full-time position with minimum 1 yr. family law office experience required. MUST BE BILINGUAL (English/Spanish).
The experienced family law legal assistant candidate must have legal drafting skills, legal research, and analytical ability. Duties include scheduling, administrative functions, phone back-up, some legal assistant work, and time and billing in real time. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work for multiple attorneys, remain organized, and task-driven. Must be proactive in preparing the attorneys for collaborative meetings, mediations, court hearings, and trials. Need a person not afraid to ask for help and to take on and learn new tasks. DPA financial software or Family Law software experience is a plus.
Please note, candidates who do not have experience in the area of Family Law or are not Bilingual will not be considered.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring court calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with Case Manager.
• Contributes to the innovative and effective representation of clients by ensuring attorney have everything they need before, during and after client meetings. This includes but is not limited to looking up information for the Partners, printing out forms, making copies of documents for prospect and/or clients during meetings, mailing documents, scanning, editing, filing, and logging in expenses from out of office meetings into client’s Abacus profile.
• Enhances trial proceedings by working with the legal team in organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; taking courtroom notes.
• Helps develop cases by drafting documents; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating internal status reports; and conducting research in legal matters.
• Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
• Fluency in Spanish is a must. Reading, writing, and comprehension.
• Excellent reporting and research skills.
• Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
• Outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills.
• Positive, upbeat personality and an ability to remain calm under pressure.•
Able to prioritize a busy workload.
• Self-starter & team player.
• Law office experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Abacus Law preferred.