San Fernando Valley manufacturer food products is seeking a Production Mechanic to support the manufacturing and production units. This is a hands-on position which is responsible to lead the team by example in setting up the filling, packaging, and compounding equipment in the facility. The right candidate will seize the opportunity to optimize output, can communicate all safety requirements, support business growth by providing solutions and exceeding the industry standards of efficiency and functioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Please note that the following general description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and metrics.)
· Set-up, adjust, and changeover of: bottle and jar fillers, cappers, labelers, video jet and vibratory equipment. Be able to adapt to changing priorities.
· Troubleshoot and regulate production and manufacturing equipment to comply with quality requirements and Production Department requirements.
· Repair and replace defective parts with the assistance of equipment manuals and instructions. Read and understand schematics and technical drawings.
· Perform reactive maintenance, monitor and respond to equipment malfunctions as per the priorities of production supervision, KPIs, and lead people.
· Develop, execute, and maintain a preventive maintenance program and process guidelines.
· Help maintain and update the system documenting set-ups, changeovers, and corrective maintenance.
· Eliminate unsafe conditions and assure compliance to all quality requirements including all housekeeping rules.
· Notify Management of required repairs, parts requirements, and preventive maintenance status.
· Evaluate production efficiencies, analyze mechanical and recurring problems, followed by implementation of short term corrective action and longer-term improvements.
· Instruct and guide subordinates on mechanic procedures so they may learn and preform basic maintenance operations.
· Review the production plan and schedule for optimum efficiency, recommend alterations that increase productivity and output. Significantly contribute to the meeting of daily production goals, up-time standards, and deadlines.
· Preform facility maintenance, repairs, and improvements to air compressors, boilers, plumbing, physical plant, structures, and equipment.
· Accomplish other tasks that may be assigned to meet company goals.
· Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a Mechanic in a production area. High school or Technical School diploma or equivalent experience. cGMP knowledge is a plus. Must have knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations.
· Must speak/read/write in English as a primary language of business. Bilingual English Spanish required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Individual must be highly self-motivated with a strong initiative, detail oriented, with a sense of urgency, and an ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
· Knowledge of all safety requirements, ensures achievement and maintains a safe work environment.
· General computer skills required to update all documents in an accurate manner. Good math skills.
· Consistently follow all hygiene and sanitation guidelines that are part of our SOPs and as per the FDA. These include but are not limited to the use of protective apparel (i.e. head, face, hand and arm coverings).