Seeking an experienced CFO, VP Finance, Controller or Finance Director from either a publicly-traded company and/or BPO.
Overview of Role/Job Purpose:
The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
1. Assist in formulating the Company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
3. Develop financial and tax strategies
4. Manage the capital request, budgeting, and forecasting processes
5. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
1. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
2. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
3. Manage the accounting, treasury, and payroll departments
4. Oversee the financial operations
5. Manage any third parties to which finance related functions have been outsourced
6. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
7. Implement operational best practices
8. In unison with human resources, oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
9. Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
1. Oversee the issuance of financial information
2. Report financial results to the CEO and executive management team
3. Preparation of Board materials and meeting presentations
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company's risk profile
2. In unison with General Counsel, monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
3. Construct and monitor reliable control systems
4. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
5. Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
6. Direct responsibility to develop and maintain internal control policies that are SOX compliant
7. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
8. Report risk issues to the audit committee and executive management team
9. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
1. Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
2. Monitor debt financing
The chief financial officer should have a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent business experience and 20+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, public company reporting experience preferred. Certified Public Accountant designation is required. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Accounting or Finance.
J.C. Healthcare & Associates, Inc specializes in the recruitment of healthcare financial professionals nationwide. We just celebrated our 8th year in business. Our clients are large health systems and revenue cycle management companies.