Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Operations Sr. Manager, Multifamily Construction improves the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Effectively manages, develops and coaches teams to increase production.
- Manages, coaches, and develops staff to achieve performance goals and company objectives.
- Monitors manpower schedules to ensure they match project schedules.
- Ensures the team performs work with conformity to established guidelines and regulations.
- Conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans for operational activities. Implements and manages operational plans.
- Responsible for management of capital and cost center budgets, controlling costs and using methods such as cost-benefit analysis to improve efficiency and sustainable growth rate.
- Evaluates and improves operational management systems, processes, policies and best practices in support of organizational goals.
- Evaluates overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data, statistics, and metrics.
- Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency through improvements as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Champions Quality/LEAN/reliability principles (e.g., pull planning, six-week look ahead, value mapping, constraints logs, etc.).
- Ensures adherence to construction processes designed to complete projects safely, with a high standard of quality and expected productivity.
- Performs safety observations and ensures team members comply.
- Facilities the resolution of construction issues (lack of productivity, work interferences, required manpower, etc.). Informs appropriate leadership of potential problems, schedule difficulties, etc.
- Position will involve managing production at all levels of the business unit
- Position will involve traveling to multiple geographies to recruit top local production talent and independent contractors
- Experience in Multifamily construction preferred
- Manages relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Minimum education preferred of the position: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Science or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years minimum experience preferred
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities preferred of the position
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of optimization techniques and process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates business strategy into day-to-day delivery.
ORGANIZATION – WIDE COMPETENCIES
- Business Expertise: applies knowledge of key business drivers and the factors that maximize department performance.
- Leadership: leads with a servant's heart. Delivers timely and constructive feedback with respect and humility. Develops others by teaching, guiding and inspiring. Demonstrates belief in all people by encouraging each partner to achieve their personal best.
- Active problem solving: identifies and solves complex, operational and organizational problems leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department.
- Impact: guided by organization functional business plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies.
- Interpersonal skills: persuades managers and leaders to take action and/or negotiates with external partners/vendors/customers.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development and solutions in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the Southwest generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Would you like to join an industry leader, an employee-owned organization of people who have, for the last 70 years, inspired a desire to serve others, take pride in the quality of the work they perform, and who continuously strive to improve by focusing on best practices?
At TD Industries we work hard to be a Great Place to Work which is why we have been named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the “100 Best Places to Work” for 21 years in a row and only one of 10 companies in the US to have held this honor every year since its inception.