We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanic to support a unique mission with the National Science Foundation’s Antarctic Support Contract for work at our US (McMurdo and South Pole) Stations located at the bottom of the world - in Antarctica! Do you have what it takes?
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains construction and heavy equipment.
- Corrects deficiencies in components and ancillary equipment.
- Performs service, maintenance, repairs and overhauls in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Performs equipment repairs in response to maintenance requests, in shop or in field locations.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and correct equipment faults.
- Analyzes and diagnoses mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, and electronic faults.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair required; or a minimum of four years’ experience with heavy equipment maintenance and repair, in addition to one summer or winter Antarctic deployment working as a heavy equipment technician.
- US citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status is required
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE's current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (US)