As we build and scale Crystal over the next few years, our product & engineering group is growing along with it. We're building the largest, most accurate personality platform in the world - it's a huge project that requires close collaboration between data analysis, NLP, and social science.
We're looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team, taking the lead on projects across our platform (web dashboards, integrations, machine learning, etc). We value:
- True individual ownership and responsibility over projects.
- Saying no to lots of good things to say yes to one great thing.
- Listening to constant feedback from our team and customers.
- Having a healthy approach to product velocity and technical debt.
- Taking our work very seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously.
You'll be working alongside a talented product team to translate Crystal's powerful data into everyday business value, and you'll be on the ground floor helping us build the foundation for an enduring, impactful company.
Now for some specifics:
- We have a lot on our roadmap for the next three years, including improvements to the breadth and accuracy of our personality detection system, Chrome extensions, enterprise tools, and data integrations.
- We rely on a few tools very heavily for communication and workflow - Slack, Github, Trello, Google Apps.
- We love customer support and believe everyone plays a part in user experience.
- Sincere appreciation for good communication and healthy work relationships.
- Experienced with Ruby, Python, Golang or other programming language
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with Postgres or other SQL databases in a production environment
- Writing REST APIs on the back-end, and consuming them on the front-end.
- Experience building and maintaining large, complex software products at scale (either consumer or enterprise).
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a group clearly and concisely
Nice to have:
- Experience with architecting cloud-based deployment strategies and CI workflow, and deployment pipelines
- Expertise in AWS, micro-services / server-less architectures, and big data applications
- Prior experience with EC2, ECS, and S3 on AWS is beneficial
Things we'd love to see:
- One or two products/projects you've developed that you're really proud to show.
- Experience with Chrome extensions or other browser integrations.
While we are an early stage company and dont have the same kinds of lavish perks of a larger tech company, we do offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family, flexible hours and a remote-first culture where youre truly measured on your impact instead of your time.