Job Overview: We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to work with our DevOps team based in the Carlsbad, CA. This role will work with 3 other engineers to deliver and automate a cloud strategy supporting products developed locally Candidates should have experience not only working in modern IT teams , but also managing a high availability production Infrastructure. This company is primarily in Amazon Web Services (AWS) so this DevOps Engineer should have experience maintaining and scaling an AWS cloud environment as well as data center experience. This role should also expect to be hands on 100% of their time with a strong ability to learn, communicate and teach.
Required Skills & Experience
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with a minimum of 5- 8 years of hands on software development experience and 2 + years working in a Delivery or Operations team.
- Hands on AWS experience and good scripting skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying DevOps principles and practices
- Experience with provisioning, configuration management, and deployment technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, etc.
- Scripting experience with tools like Python, PowerShell, bash and Perl
- Experience scaling services and maintaining multiple environments
- Working knowledge of a key data storage/processing technology such as Aurora, MongoDB, MySQL and Hadoop
- Experience with git, yum, nuget, rpm management
- Candidates must be comfortable operating in an environment where constructive dissatisfaction with the current state is expected, and leading large scale change is a must.
- Experience with securing AWS a plus
- Ability to think and act strategically for all stakeholders.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build highly great relationships with both on site and remote colleagues.
- Champion the development and maintenance of an agile partnership between development and IT/operations.
- Effective monitoring, provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Automation of all the above, including creative dash boarding for relevant views of application, infrastructure, and business metrics.
- Champion improvements into the product based on ease of trouble shooting, monitoring, assurance, etc.
- Working on call/out of hours for critical customer Incidents in this role, you will help to help to bring out the best ideas from the best engineers by empowering them and leading by example.
BS in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent work related experience.
We are skilled in combining the science of recruiting and the art of matchmaking. We connect talented individuals in all areas of technology, finance and accounting and administration with respected employers in growing industries. Our employer network allows qualified applicants access to their industries most exciting career opportunities.
Location/Region: Carlsbad, CA (US)