Job Title: Business Development
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: President
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Company: TJ Machine & Tool
A growing precision machining and manufacturing company is looking for a high-energy Sales Professional who delivers sales results. You have a record of performance, and you have a trail of deals to prove it. You’ll have a strong knowledge of metals and machined components used in such applications as pumps, valves, hydraulics, instrumentation, aerospace and/or other similar industry segments. Our “hunters” require the following:
The “corporate culture” is based on the values that made our country strong, including loyalty to its customers and a clear commitment to each member of every team within our employ. The organization’s senior management team is dedicated to fostering a positive work environment, with a clear focus on goal achievement through efficient teamwork. While they are committed to such productive collaboration, innovative approaches to accomplishing organizational objectives via individual contribution are also highly recognized and rewarded.
Our “hunters” require the following:
- Targeting and pursuing significant production machining outsourcing and contract machining opportunities from OEMs and Tier-Ones
- Entrepreneurial “hunting”, consistent and focused every day on prospecting and customer development effort that produces qualified leads, maturing relationships and resulting sales
- Understand the customer supply chain – organize machined and assembled product engineering expertise and support to potential clients
- Rally support around accounts – build the customer-
- Organizing and assembling presentations to ensure winning sales proposals
- Aggressive networking, working alongside our operations and leadership to develop a book of accounts and contacts that might benefit from product diversification
To accomplish these tasks, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Relentless, action-oriented focus on moving into, up, down, and through accounts
- 5+ years of proven sales experience (with revenue generation) in metal sales for the aerospace/defense, medical, semiconductor, hydraulics, oil and gas, and/or industrial equipment industries.
- Proficient knowledge of properties and typical applications for metal alloys including: aluminum, stainless, alloy, carbon and tool steel.
- Precision machining including CNC turning, drilling, and milling especially valuable
- Connected – Existing customer relationships in any of the previously mentioned industry segments
- Practical – Demonstration of selling techniques and presentation skills, as well as successful completion of Top grading interview and background check
Success traits for our culture and goals:
- Hands-on – Do-what-it-takes experience in a machining and manufacturing environment; experience as a machinist, application engineer, tooling sales person, or similar role would enhance your ability to win relationships
- Collaborative – Organized and dedicated to coordinating sales approaches with our team
- Competent – Ability to read CAD drawings, plus understanding their geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, knowledge of materials and machining processes, and knowledge of assembly and fabrication would be very useful.
WHAT WE BRING TO YOU
- A can-do, engineering and manufacturing culture supporting your entrepreneurial sales efforts
- A family culture where stakeholders matter – employees, customers, suppliers, and owners
- Competitive base salary and generous commission program
- Benefit package – health, dental, life insurances, and a 401(k) plan.
- Business expense reimbursement.
- Personal talent development plan from the outset, focused on growing your career toward your ambitions.
Pay for Performance:
Competitive base salary with strong bonus payouts for performers.
Four year degree in business or engineering or equivalent world experience
Proficient knowledge of properties and typical applications for metal alloys including: aluminum, stainless, alloy, carbon and tool steel. Seven to ten years in manufacturing environments.
Proficiency with ERP systems, production control templates, PC software including MS Office suite, databases, and communications capabilities.