The Project Executive is primarily responsible for over-seeing the construction project during each phase from inception to completion.
The Project Executive reports directly to the Vice President of Construction and provides a leadership and advisory role on behalf of Sphinx including planning, evaluations, execution and management of a project and/or projects from concept development through design, permitting, contracting, construction, occupancy, close out and warranty. This role is expected to stay within project timelines and specification to optimize revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Represent the best interests of Sphinx
- Maintain effective relationships with customers and business partners
- Ensure/adhere to a reasonable, realistic budget is developed, maintained and achieved.
- Monitor master schedule, overall budget and quality.
- Provide comprehensive project oversight on all aspects of the entire development process.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of overall project development in all its phases and steps.
- Work with VP of Construction to recommend, advise, select and implement the preferred project delivery method. (Design/Bid/Build, GC/CM, Design/Build, etc.)
- Work directly with client representatives, design teams and contractors to ensure that project goals of program, budget and schedule are met.
- Review contract between the selected vendors / contractors for services to be performed. When necessary enforce contract revisions.
- Prepare and complete action plans
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives
- Report on project success
- Establish and manage best practices for daily operations
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Ensure projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Monitor staff performance
- Develop site logistics plan
- Lead pricing, value engineering, site selection investigations and building assessments
- Manage individual major projects, and / or multiple small to mid-sized projects. Strive to balance between on-going construction, preconstruction, and business development as well as other business sustaining activities to ensure a steady flow of work.
- Assist and advise Sphinx and design team during bidding and selection of the contractor.
- Review and document construction progress on a regular basis, including notification of non-compliant conditions, construction payment applications, project schedule, submittals, RFI’s and change orders and cost.
- Review submittals and RFIs to ensure contractor and design / engineer / consultants are providing thorough and efficient responses.
- Lead OAC meetings for projects.
- Review all test reports and ensure they are in compliance with the contract documents.
- Review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
- Ensure all permits are procured and in compliance with local city codes and jurisdictions.
- Ensure all lien / claim releases are executed with all progress and final payments.
- Ensure compliance with project closeout requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction management, engineering, architecture or related field
- Proficiency in the use of MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Procore, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Bluebeam Revu and MSProject or other scheduling software.
- Knowledge in the use of Auto CADD and Revit software.
- Understanding of green and sustainable building design and construction practices.
- Experience in management of stakeholders, professional staff, design consultants and contractors.
- Functional knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates and specifications as they relate to the design and construction of buildings.
- Functional knowledge of building, fire and other codes.
- Proven track record in meeting project milestones, problem solving and negotiating resources
- Extensive knowledge of prime contract terms and conditions, and the ability to read and write subcontract agreements
- Professional license and/or certification related to the building design or construction industry.
- Understanding of the international building codes, city of Dallas building code and or local jurisdictions
- Experience in design and construction of luxury hotels or similar projects.
- Ability to mentor key staff in their professional development by providing training and mentoring on technical skills, project management, business development, public relations, sales techniques, and client relations.
- Serves as active member in professional, political, and community activities, societies, and organizations.
- Experience in business development and marketing for new clients and work.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will also take into account the results of any reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
Harwood is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against Associates or applicants in any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any legally-recognized basis (protected classes) included but not limited to: age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This non-discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all Company facilities, participation in all Company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions, such as promotions, compensation, training, benefits and termination of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, schedules, work hours, responsibilities and other work activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Position
Harwood International is a family owned business with nearly 500 associates. The 18 block Harwood District includes eight acres of gardens, more than 6,000 parking spaces, and six office buildings - with additional luxury office, residential and hospitality space currently under development.