Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN (Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics) in Polacca, AZ
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediate, candidates must work the full year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and administrative responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member, reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition; collects and interprets data from the patient's history and physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air transport based upon patient’s condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e. CPR.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264 in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand side by side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered throughout the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own history and a surprising variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as well as a few other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts. The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east, has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a gas station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup, NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 min. drive) offer a wider selection of shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has many other attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking, rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive (between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor adventure trips on the weekends.
Location/Region: Polacca, AZ