Envision Physician Services
is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director of Quality.
Responsibilities The Director of Quality
is responsible for the oversight, monitoring, and management of Quality Operations and service line activities to ensure the smooth implementation of programs that meet the objectives related to the delivery of Clinical Quality Care. This role responsible for providing key support to the Chief Quality Officer, Clinical Medical Officer (CMO) of National Service Line, and Senior Director in driving Quality Services’ initiatives and deliverables nationally. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibilities:
- Partner with service line CMO, as well as, clinical and operational leadership on strategic quality initiatives
- Ensure ongoing efforts of the service line’s Clinical Quality Committee and subcommittees and helps maintain the highest level of perfomance
- Establish, track, and trend deliverable action plans for performance improvement
- Manage and provide support to national service line as it directly relates to contracting and client concerns
- Direct the collection, documentation and monitoring of performance measures to ensure the delivery of safe and high-quality health care
- Collaboration with Quality Analytics and Quality Managers to develop, monitor, and produce quality dashboards; Presents results to both clinical and operational leadership
- Identify educational opportunities related to quality, safety, and regulatory compliance and provides support as needed for implementation of action plan
- Identify key stakeholders for project planning, design, development, evaluation, and management of programs
- Establish, implement and monitor Evidence Based Medicine best practices and practice guidelines in collaboration with CMO
- Implement and direct ongoing organizational needs assessment for quality, safety and regulatory compliance and makes recommendations based on the assessment
- Analyze patient outcomes with CMO on a national level and collaborates with risk management
- Provide oversight of systematic approach to ensure a high level of awareness of quality, safety and regulatory and assists with root-case analyses, as appropriate
- Collaboration with Patient Safety Organization (PSO) and support Patient Safety Evaluation System and Patient Safety Work Product
- Implement and develop with CMO best practices and SOPs
- Collaboration with leadership of other departments, such as clinical services, documentation education, clinical research, IT, legal, and compliance Resolve escalated issues requiring coordination with other departments or entities.Ensures deliverables associated with contracts are met by vendors once Contract vetting and completion has been executed by the CMOManage and review client/vendor relationships to ensure compliance and to mitigate delivery and production issues.Work with Sr. Director on delivery and production issues to ensure successful internal/external Quality service product delivery and operational efficiency.Work collaboratively with service lines counterparts on quality management initiativesProgram management of national strategic initiatives; ensure proper visibility and management of key issues impacting successful execution of strategic initiativesResponsible for tracking performance of approved business cases vetted by the CMO.Develops and supports the implementation of quality improvement initiatives consistent with the following criteria:
Expected to positively impact health outcomes.Will affect a substantial number of patients.Expected to reduce a significant risk.In keeping with currently available clinical guidelines.Fiscally responsible.Supports Research and Scientific Intelligence by providing needed information and resources for writing grants, applying to programs within the relevant service line, and identifying, promoting, and communicating research programs or opportunities to physicians and clinicians Participate in performance/process improvement and other corporate-sponsored eventsAttend professional meetings and conferences as necessary for networking and education
Trains, coaches, and mentors teamResponsible for managing non-exempt and potentially exempt employeesAssists with planning and conducting performance appraisals and talent assessments of staff, recommending merits, bonuses and promotions and administering corrective actions when necessary
Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business (HIGHLY PREFERRED)5 or more years of increasing responsibility in running national programs, product management organization, and direct management and actionability over staffSolid business acumen Healthcare Technology backgroundUnderstanding of Healthcare billing, coding and managed careUnderstanding of Physician employment and compensation models that can drive productivity and performanceMicrosoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OutlookUnderstanding of Electronic Health Record systems
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-JF1
Internal ID: 2019-19980
Location/Region: Plantation, FL