The Executive Producer-Studio, will be responsible for the execution of a comprehensive, daily original video journalism strategy, as well as creation of in-depth news stories/packages, documentaries, interviews and other content. Keen at identifying stories with news value, the EP will oversee all production(s) in the studio with a focus on mission-driven work. The EP will grow talent on their team in front of and behind the camera, as well as focus on long term strategic growth of our video products.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Review and approve all scripts and productions
- Source and identify stories.
- Coordinate coverage of daily news events with assignment editors and news desk editors.
- Supervise talent and guests
- Oversee control room personnel.
- Oversee and approve all graphics/data used in daily production.
- Manage studio facility for maximum quality and efficiency
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree required. A Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years of professional, journalistic and/or journalism-related experience required.
- Prior supervisory experience with a proven ability to build, manage and lead high functioning teams required.
- Ability and desire to guide and mentor producers and editors.
- Ability to manage staff in a fast-paced, high demand environment.
- Experience with various styles of reporting and video creation (digital-first, TV, social- only, long form, live, episodic or serial).
- Must possess strong and proven editorial judgement.
- Strong writing, editing and storytelling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at encouraging communication and sharing of ideas, including pitching stories and projects
- Proficient in video editing, knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Must possess a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, holidays and extended hours throughout the day.
- Position requires standing or sitting for extended periods of time up to an entire work day.
- Requires walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, manual dexterity, grasping, seeing, conversing, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of medium work. (includes setting up and moving cameras, equipment…)
- Requires the ability to read files, scripts, presentations, theories, monitors and procedures.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with others, and must be able to accurately exchange information and directives.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)