Newsday Media Group is looking for an On Air Anchor to join our team. The On Air Anchor will host and anchor a wide variety of feature and news programming on TV and digital platforms.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Present daily news programming and features assignments effectively and professionally in a state-of-the-art production facility with multiple hard and virtual sets.
- Ensure all coverage is fair, balanced, and engaging to subscribers.
- Research and develop original content in conjunction with studio team and Newsday staff.
- Brainstorm fresh and interesting story ideas. Be on constant lookout for unique, relevant and urgent topics as well as compelling follow ups.
- Conduct engaging, sharp, well researched interviews which may be broadcast live, or pre-recorded and edited.
- Perform other assignments as necessary under the direction of the Producers or Senior Leadership.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strong on camera presence and ability to articulate and convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Adept at “ad libbing” effectively in live environment.
- Excellent news judgment and knowledge of key issues.
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships with sources.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial newsroom or equivalent.
- Strong reporting, writing and research skills.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Able to work a flexible and varied schedule, to include weekends, holidays, nights and extended hours.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment.
- Able to shoot and edit digital video a plus.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)