The Navy’s Sea, Air and
Land Forces – commonly known as SEALs – are expertly trained to deliver highly
specialized, intensely challenging warfare capabilities that are beyond the
means of standard military forces.
This includes direct
action warfare. Special reconnaissance. Counterterrorism. Foreign internal
defense. When there’s nowhere else to turn, Navy SEALs are in their element.
Achieving the impossible by way of critical thinking, sheer willpower and
absolute dedication to their training, their missions and their fellow Special
Operations team members.
Established by President
John F. Kennedy in 1962, the Navy SEALs are a nimble, elite maritime military
force suited for all aspects of unconventional warfare. In this role, you will
provide immediate military options amidst crises around the world.
duties as a SEAL may include and are not limited to:
- Conducting insertions and extractions by sea, air or
land to accomplish covert, Special Warfare/Special Operations
- Capturing high-value enemy personnel and terrorists
around the world
- Collecting information and intelligence through special
- Carrying out small-unit, direct-action missions against
- Performing underwater reconnaissance and the demolition
of natural or man-made obstacles prior to amphibious landings
No college degree is
required to become an Enlisted Navy SEAL, but the standards of qualification
require the kind of mental and physical fortitude that few possess. For those
making the cut, immense challenges and constant training are a way of life.
Upon joining the Navy,
- Meet specific eyesight requirements: 20/40 best eye;
20/70 worst eye; correctable to 20/25 with no color blindness
- Meet the minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude
Battery (ASVAB) score: GS+MC+EI=170 or VE+MK+MC+CS=220 or VE+AR=110
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Pass a physical examination required for divers
- Be a U.S. citizen and eligible for security clearance
may vary depending upon whether you’re currently serving, whether you’ve served
before or whether you’ve never served before.
For more information,
please call 1-800-533-1657, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Roanoke, VA