First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for the management of day-to-day operations of a Title Insurance Operation with a customer base of Agent Attorneys located in the state of Massachusetts. Implements operational efficiency improvements, which may include, but are not limited to, standardization of systems, quality control, safety, site selection, facility design, and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the revenue generation in branches and key accounts within the state of Massachusetts. Management responsibility of sales representatives, underwriting counsels and administrative staff in multiple offices by ensuring strategies are implemented.
- Job Description
- Directs and develops the implementation of goals, objectives, and work standards for a strategic, competitive environment without focus on the daily operational activities.
- Develops and directs the implementation of policies and procedures that comply with regulatory and statutory guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews, and evaluates the activities of professional, technical, and office support staff through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Contributes to the overall quality by developing work teams and by reviewing, recommending, and implementing improved policies and procedures
- Develops, coordinates, and provides for overall administration of the annual and strategic goals.
- Confers with Executive Management regarding departmental requirements and solutions; facilitates the resolution of problems and the development of new initiatives to support business segments.
- Authorizes projects, sets priorities, approves designs, and cost estimates for projects.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business; strategic and creative ability
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues providing strategy and direction for major functional areas
Supervision Received or Extended
- Responsible for a functional unit that cross business unit lines, or leadership responsibility for an emerging group
- Detailed knowledge of Company allows for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas
- Recognized as an influential leader
- Manages through more than one layer of management, or has a minimum of 3 high-level exempt direct reports
- Interacts with Executive (internal and external) Management on strategic issues requiring coordination across functional unit or group lines
- Explains difficult information and convinces internal and external management to take action or grant approval
- Manages customer relationships and resolves high-level issues/problems
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Demonstrated competency in creating and executing on strategic plans
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the successful execution of multiple complex projects
- Strong experience and knowledge of the Real Estate/Title Insurance industry
- Progressive experience in leading employees in multiple locations, and significant experience developing and implementing solutions
- Possesses strong problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
- Results oriented with strong time management and project management skills, and must be highly organized and driven to succeed
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 6+ years (preferred) demonstrated experience managing complex cross functional units or groups
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Boston, MA