Southern Technical College is now accepting resumes for Welding Instructors to teach welding and fabrication skills at our Orlando, FL campus.
Southern Technical College offers Diplomas, Associate’s and Bachelor degrees and specializes in allied health, business and applied for technology programs. The college is licensed by the state of Florida, approved by the Department of Education, and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly supervise all students assigned to the class
• Maintain discipline and keep all students safe
• Monitor student attendance and retention rate
• Follow course outlines, objectives and be able to evaluate students
• Be able to teach assigned classes and to effectively manage the day to day operation of the class and shop
• Prepare lesson plans and delivery
• Prepare and provide all class lectures, lab and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum
• Be able to advise students, do one on one teaching, keep attendance and academic record keeping
• Be able to test and evaluate students; report grades and give feed back
• Give and grade student assignments. Return and go over assignments in a timely manner
• Prepare students to take Welding Certification test
• Participate in school and department meetings
• Initiate new ideas for the department
• Be able to complete paperwork in a timely manner
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
• Salary commensurate with documented experience and position
• Excellent company benefits
Must pass background check in order to secure the position.
Please email résumé and salary requirements
To learn more about us: http://www.southerntech.edu
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (US - 32809)