The Business Data Analyst will support the Health Plan Performance team for their assigned Health Plan contract by using data, reporting tools and statistical analysis to develop strategic insight to business problems. The data analyst will be responsible for tracking and monitoring the recommendations in support of business programs and solutions.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Gathers and aggregates Quality data from various sources (Clinical Performance National Glide Path, SPOT, SOCC, MDE, etc.) for explanatory and predictive modeling and develops recommendations
- Management & manipulation of structured data in a format that is easy to analyze, comprehend and monitor
- Create standards to bring data into a common structure with a goal of effective analysis techniques and business solutions recommendations
- Perform HEDIS measure data reconciliation and root cause analysis to validate sources of truth and discrepancies in order to support each Care Delivery Organization within the Health Plan contract
- Provide ad hoc data mining, analysis which determine solutions to business problems and programs as needed
- Develops systematic reporting and analytical processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports to support key departmental and corporate initiatives
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content based on business need and programs in support of performance targets
- Collaborate with various business partners within Optum and UHC to ensure data consistency, accuracy and consistent data channel connections
- Work with IT and/or analytics peers, where appropriate, to troubleshoot errors and data inconsistencies and coordinates resolutions to issues as directed by self and leadership
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of decision support, data analysis, business analysis, or healthcare operations experience
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Intermediate/Advanced level proficiency in Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Business Maps, Microsoft Project
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with HEDIS measures
- Multiple health organization experience (Medical Groups, Health Plans, Pharmacy, Hospital, ETC)
Careers at OptumCare.
We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: business data analyst, HEDIS, healthcare operations, telecommute
Location/Region: Seattle, WA