Sr. Network Administrator Centreville, VA
Parsons Cyber Operations is hiring a Network Administrator to oversee and maintain a variety of data networks and computer systems. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of multiple network components including but not limited to: switches, routers, VPN configuration, security, and programming. The ideal candidate is comfortable in both a Windows and Linux environment and has a passion for maintaining network functionality.
- Network Device Administration
- Switch with VLAN configuration
- Router and routing protocols (RIP, BGP, OSPF
- VPN (IPSEC) configuration
- L3 switch (VLAN and routing protocols)
- SOHO device configuration
- Cisco IOS experience with CCNA preferred
- Juniper Junos experience
- Cyber Security
- Penetration testing
- Intrusion detection system
- Computer security certification scans
- Firewall configuration
- Access control lists
- IP tables
- Network Tool Experience
- Unix shell
- Windows PowerShell
- Bachelor of Science in Network Engineering, Computer Security, Information Technology, a related field or comparable work experience
- 8+ years experience as a network administrator - includes Co-Op and internship experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical team members, managers, and customers
- Must be able to obtain a US security clearance
- Active security clearance
- Experience and knowledge of INOSC managed routers, Sidewinder firewalls, and BlueCoat Proxy server devices.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools.
- Experience in a DOD IT enterprise preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team consisting of government and contractor team members.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.
- U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Location/Region: Centreville, VA