S.S. Nesbitt is a privately held independent insurance agency based in Birmingham, Alabama, with multiple locations in the southeastern United States. These offices provide all lines of insurance in partnership with specialized carriers. S.S. Nesbitt was named a 2016 Best Practices Agency by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and has the backing of EBSCO Industries, Inc., a global corporation which began in 1944 and now owns more than 20 businesses in a variety of industries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance and other ancillary benefits, profit sharing, employee perks and more.
Are you passionate about serving others including producers, clients and carriers, as well as our agency staff and leadership? Are you willing to put our agency in the best position to win? If so S.S. Nesbitt may have the ideal role for you, Marketing Account Executive.
Our Marketing Account Executive will work to put our producers and agency in the best position to win through the following specific responsibilities:
- Manage the marketing process from A to Z for both new and renewal commercial lines business based out of the Birmingham office
- Prepare complete submission information and present to insurance carriers
- Provide a dedicated focus on developing successful carrier relationships within the region through an intentional coordination and cadence of meetings with carriers and our production and account management teams
- Stay current with carrier appetite and foster carrier relationships
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong decision making in handling requests made by clients or insurance carriers
- Analyze coverage offered by our carriers and communicate to production and support staff
- Provide knowledge, support and guidance to all other members of the agency when needed
- Assist producers in oral presentations as needed
- Actively seeking commercial insurance designations
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in marketing or underwriting with a national or regional broker or carrier
- Excellent negotiation, organization, interpersonal, communication skills and teamwork collaboration
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Property & Casualty License in the state of Alabama
- Demonstrated ability to 1) manage middle market property and casualty accounts, 2) effectively market to carriers and customers and 3) develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines coverages and markets
- CIC or equivalent insurance education
- Effective communication, organization and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Service-oriented, both internally and externally
- Agency Management System knowledge (Vertafore Agency Platform, AMS360, Producer Plus, WorkSmart)
- Extensive Excel and Microsoft Office skills
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Birmingham Job Segment:
Account Executive, Marketing, Sales Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL (US)