Lead, GPMO&BO System Strategy and Implementation
As a member of the Global Program Management and Business Operations Group, this individual will lead the assessment, selection, implementation of cutting edge tools, processes and technologies for best practice Project and Portfolio Management
In particular they;
- design and implement the system roadmap: drive the system selection and upgrades required, considering business processes and strategic decisions
- outreach other functions that make use of the tool to make sure its consistent use and to capture and harmonize the desire enhancements.
They will build trust based relationships and partner with functional leadership in particular within Project Management across R&D, Tech Ops, and Commercial Assessment to lead the roll-out and usability of the system.
% of Time
Job Function and Description
Responsible to design, develop and implement an enterprise wide framework methodology and tool to enable planning and management of integrated program information (eg, activities, timelines, risks, issues, status, …).
Lead the development of reporting technologies to provide accurate and readily available information to Shire Senior Leadership.
Center of Excellence –
Build and/or apply appropriate tools and techniques with a “fit for purpose” mindset. They translate business requirements in IT solutions leveraging internal and external resources and partners
Stakeholder Oriented –
Sponsor the use of the tool and drive for consistency of processes across the organization (i.e. Tech Ops, R&D, Commercial …). Drive the team to understand the needs of each function and balance the request of changes in a way that makes the enterprise system effective for the organization.
Outreach new functions, users to show the potentiality and the benefit of an integrated platform
GPMO&BO team –
Actively contribute to, lead, and support activities and initiatives designed to advance Global Program Management departmental goals and objectives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (preferred engineering or business degree). MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience with tools and methodology applied for project management; wide experience with analytical tools applied for Sr. leadership reporting for program and portfolio management within pharmaceutical industry, 3-5 years consulting or decision support
- Demonstrated experience in building platforms, technologies and tools for delivery of integrated program/product information
- Applied knowledge of project, portfolio, and financial management practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Functional Leaders, negotiate solutions working in matrix teams and drive ownership and accountability across an organization.
- Demonstrated capabilities to translate business requirements in IT solutions
- Experience with multiple capacity planning technology platforms preferred.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Exceptional understanding of planning processes (project management, portfolio management, financial planning, new product assessment, etc.) and the symbiotic relationships with resource planning.
- Possess an ability and willingness to independently drive work efforts, resolve issues and effectively manage processes that have tight timelines and a high degree of ambiguity.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must have the ability to establish and maintain authentic business relationships and interact effectively with peers and senior leadership across different functional areas within the company.
- Demonstrated track record of successful global implementations of decision support methodologies that are fit for purpose and provide tangible value to the business.
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Possess a strong working knowledge of drug development lifecycle and commercialization processes.
- Polished communications and presentation skills, including written and oral communication of executive level information and recommendations
- Experience leading through change and managing ambiguity. Proven skills in anticipating and proactively managing conflict and uncertainty.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Enterprise, SharePoint, SQL, Analytics Tool (i.e. Qlik).
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Accountable for day-to- day decisions regarding design and implementation of the methodology and project management tool that meets the unique needs of multiple stakeholders that allow for meaningful cross business analysis and reporting.
- Communicate regular status to management and escalate issues that cannot be resolved independently.
- Translate business requirements in IT solutions
Internal and External Contacts
- Portfolio Management Office team.
- Interact regularly with Senior Leadership from: Global Product Strategy, New Product Assessment, R&D, Tech Ops and Commercial.
- Interact with customer and consultant as needed.
Other Job Requirements
Domestic and International travel required
- Position will require occasional domestic and international travel.
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA