Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Manufacturing Team Member position at our Rochelle IL: location.
The manufacturing team member will safely set up, operate and to adjust metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, operates and adjusts metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps mill operating according to operating procedures and in good condition.
- Operates cutback saw in a safe manner and to order specifications.
- Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of obstruction.
- Performs all change overs, using appropriate tooling.
- Changes punches and shear dies.
- Performs to machine goals.
- Displays willingness and the ability to assist in training co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout JSA.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and hole spacing.
- Understands and uses appropriately a micrometer to measure thickness of the product periodically.
- Understands and performs routine checks for straightness, bow, and camber.
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance problems.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized work station
- Assists material handler with changing coils and follows reject policy on rejected steel.
- Directs, assists and trains helpers to perform necessary functions.
- Completes required paperwork to specification.
- Must be willing to work any shift within a 24 hour period.
- Mechanically inclined
- Problem solver
- Team oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 15 lbs.
- Climbing (ladders/stairs)- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer accurately.
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold.
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noise controlled environment.
- Activity level is high - continuous overhead crane and forklift movement
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Tiered wage system, where promotions are based on ability
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance
- Monthly Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Rochelle, IL