Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is stronger than steel, by applying to become a Production Supervisor at our [Position Location] location.
- To schedule timely arrangement of customer orders by producing new product or by pulling from stocked product in accord with shipping schedules.
- The production schedule must be structured in a manner that maximizes production efficiencies with large material runs/minimal downtime for changeovers and still meets customer needs.
- Reports to Plant Manager
- Ensures safety of all employees on shift
- Supervises employees, including employee hiring and retention, performance reviews, and discipline
- Provides training and cross training for employees
- Coordinates maintenance of equipment and PMs
- Runs schedule per scheduler's specifications
- Ensures quality of all products produced and performs quality checks
- Ensures proper scanning by coil persons and truck drivers
- Orientates new employees
- Inventory Management
- Maintains good housekeeping in areas assigned
- Approves hours of work and payroll
- Provides training to shop employees
- Enforces all rules and regulations
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures
- Wears and maintains all required PPE
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times
- Understands all safety devices and their operation. Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to operation
- Safely operates all lifting devices per manufacturing specifications
- Supervises leads and hourly manufacturing in the shop
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Detail orientated
- Able to work in a team environment
- Strong interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to work with offsite locations to resolve problems
- Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem Solver
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related area preferred
- 3+ years in steel framing, lath, and accessory environment
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- Occasionally
- Pushing Effort-Occasionally
- Pulling- Occasionally
- Climbing (ladders/stairs)-Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and converting fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper accurately.
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noise controlled environment.
- Activity level is high - continuous overhead crane and forklift movement
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Woodland, CA