This position acts as a working supervisor, responsible for performing daily teller functions, as well as supervising and coaching teller staff.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Requirements:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to fulfill all functions of Universal Teller (refer to Universal Teller job description for duties).
- Distributes, monitors and expedites workflow to meet deadlines; identifies and resolves workflow problems.
- Develop, motivate, train, supervise and lead all Downtown Teller staff.Creates schedule for staff and letting appropriate people know when staff is needed.
- Performs mid-year and annual performance evaluations, works with HR to handle any disciplinary actions.
- Identifies training needs for staff; completes on-the- job training if appropriate, or works with teller trainer to deliver additional training.
- Responsible for ensuring staff is fully aware of and adheres to operational procedures (e.g. Availability of Funds, Currency Transaction Reporting, special handling requests, etc.)
- Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrate by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
- Performs quarterly teller drawer audit and surprise audit as needed.
- Approves unusual or large dollar amount transaction to ensure bad check losses are held to a minimum.
- Checks teller cash reconcilement to verify individual teller balances.
- Audits teller drawer to determine cause of balancing problems;
- Works with tellers/deposit operations to make necessary adjustments including reversing and correcting entries.
- Maintain records of teller differences and proof errors. Reports issues to supervisor and Risk Management
- As the Vault teller, maintains proper levels of coin and currency to enable the Bank to provide coin and currency to customers as needed. Balances the vault daily when assigned or ensures vault tellers balance vault on a daily basis.
- Promotes bank products and services. Responds to customer inquiries; explains retail products, services; refers customers to appropriate authorities or area for additional information.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Three to Five years banking experience.
- Lead teller experience preferred.
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally with customers, both personally and via telephone.
- Thorough understanding of all products and services offered by the Bank.
- Understanding of personal and business finance and which Bank products best meet certain financial and economic situations.
Pre-employment drug testing is required.
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust (CRBT) is committed to being the most customer-focused financial institution in Cedar Rapids. We are looking for outstanding people to help us continue our rapid growth and people who are passionate about building customer relationships! If you have a great work ethic, are dedicated to serving the client and want to join a fast-growing dynamic team, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust may be the place for you!
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA