Title: Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Events and Incentives
The Events Manager manages and coordinates the logistics and all details for regional events, trainings, conferences and incentive trips; including but not limited to, registration, transportation, plan and select menu items, define agenda flow, staffing of event, managing the events budget and negotiation of pricing and contracts.
- Collaborates with Marketing Department and Director of Events appropriate event dates, locations, timelines, formats and venues.
- Manages and coordinates all facets of events including Regional, National and International Conferences, Training Seminars and Incentive trips.
- Conducts all site searches, compiles comparisons and negotiates contracts.
- Collaborates with Production Company on all show elements and content. Creates themes and vision, builds a show flow for content and timing, finalizes staging and lighting, works with script writer for presentations, organizes and collects scripts and presentations, determines all staging and show needs.
- Partners with Communications and IT Department and Creative Marketing for all events to entice attendance.
- Manages and tracks overall budget set for each event. Updates budgets as necessary with the Director of Events during planning process.
- Negotiates best prices with vendors to keep within budgetary guidelines. Reviews and approves all vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Coordinates with hotel event staff for set-up of all meeting space needs, creates specialized menus.
- Researches, negotiates costs, design, and tracks delivery of all promotional goods and items for recognition, and prepare them for presentations.
- Presents and informs all details of conference to Staff and guests, and secures all needs including rehearsals, meal schedules and room reservations.
- Works with all outside speakers and trainers, secures contracts and coordinates details for their presentations including audio/visual support and printed materials.
- For Incentive Trips, coordinates all travel arrangements and provides a comprehensive communication campaign for earners.
- Creates, scripts, directs and produces live webcasts to train and inform field personnel, as well as promote company culture.
- Collaborates with team to develop meaningful and memorable recognition events.
- Sources recognition items, prizes, certificates, trophies, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or related work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience Managing large scale corporate events. Demonstrated accomplishments and career path in event planning at a national and international level.
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute learning initiatives from start to finish.
- Ability to maintain strategic perspective yet works on a tactical level
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organizations skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to make sound decisions fast and work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Desired but not required: Certified Meeting Planners Designation or three years equivalent experience within the Direct Sales Industry.
DO NOT CONTACT UNLESS YOU ARE LOCATED IN MIAMI AREA OR ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MIAMI. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OR VIRTUAL POSITION.