Under limited supervision, the individual in this position leads the Mortgage & Data Analytics (MDA) departmental research, design, and implementation of technical solutions, strategies, and statistical analysis to both improve existing and development of new insights into FHLBank's mortgage credit, securities and loan collateral data. Core responsibilities include the use of a wide range of tools to model and explore large, rich data sets both internal and publicly available data to optimize analytical insights and more efficiently and effectively report on these insights through report automation and visualizations.
- Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, finance, or economics with demonstrable quantitative and technical expertise.
- Advanced degree or technical certifications are preferred.
- Strong background in statistical analysis, with experience in statistical programming, time series analysis, logistic regression, and other econometric analyses.
- Three or more years of similar or related experience, including: Experience in automating tasks in Python.
- Experience in Pandas and NumPy preferred.
- Strong background in other scripting languages with desire to learn Python is substitutable.
- Experience in business analytics and reporting with emphasis on statistical analyses.
- Experience in object-oriented database design.
- Extensive experience in other relational database management system (RDBMS) database is substitutable.
- SQL and related scripting.
- Ability to perform complex financial calculations.
- Strong background and understanding of credit risk is preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
FHLBank offers an attractive benefit package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank Topeka's products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.
Location/Region: Topeka, KS